Heres some tips from the sleep council on buying a good bed.
Medical experts estimate that the average person spends at least a third of their life sleeping. Seeing as how that amounts to roughly 20 to 30 years,—average life expectancy is 65 to 70 years—, buying a good bed to sleep in comfortably is definitely a good investment.
Here are some tips to narrow down your search.
- Decide the most important factor for your bed. Is it price, size, style or shape? This will make your search faster since you already know your priorities.
- Narrow down your search to five beds and try each one extensively before making a purchase. Note the differences between each bed.
- Wear the closest outfit you have to your sleepwear. Comfortable clothing allows you to appreciate the bed better during testing. Lie down for at least 10 minutes and assume your normal sleeping position. Toss and turn as you would at night.
- Firmness is important, but also consider the appropriate support and comfort for your body size and weight.
- If the bed is to be slept by two people, do it together to get the best idea on comfort level.
- Large beds are always the most comfortable, especially if you’re sleeping with a partner, so go for the largest bed within your budget. Just make sure it fits in the bedroom.